Actor and singer Sunanda Sharma is well-known in Punjab. She had always loved music, even as a small girl, but she had never considered a future in voice or music. When Sunanda was a college student, she started performing cover songs and sharing them on Facebook and YouTube. The song “Sucha Soorma” by Sunanda gained a lot of popularity online very fast. She started getting offers from different record labels after this song was released. Sunanda debuted on stage in 2016 with the song “Billi Akh.” She also dropped a single called “Jaani Tera Naa” on September 13, 2017.
Sunanda’s acting career began with the Indian Punjabi war drama “Sajjan Singh Rangroot,” which starred Diljit Dosanjh, Yograj Singh, and Sunanda herself. Pankaj Batra, the film’s director, released it on March 23, 2018. Alongside Badshah, she made her Bollywood debut with the song “Tere Naal Nachna” from the 2018 film “Nawabzaade.” The Bollywood songs she has performed are “Mummy Nu Pasand” from the 2020 film “Jai Mummy Di” and “Poster Lagwa Do” from the 2019 film “Luka Chuppi.” Furthermore, Sunanda had an appearance in the music video for “Barish Ki Jaaye” by B Praak, directed by Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
|30 January 1992
|Fatehgarh Churian, Gurdaspur, Punjab
|5′ 3” or 160cm
|Khalsa College, Amritsar, PunjabGNDU University, Amritsar
|MA in English
|Vinod Kumar Sharma
|2016 – Present
Sunanda Sharma’s Early Life and Education
On January 30, 1992, in Fatehgarh Churian, Gurdaspur, Punjab, India, Sunanda Sharma was born. Aquarius is her astrological sign. Despite her current fame, Sunanda’s career path wasn’t always centered around music. She went on to study at Khalsa College in Amritsar and then graduated with an MA in English from Guru Nanak Dev University.
Although Sunanda didn’t initially think of herself as a vocalist, her formative years were marked by a profound passion for music. During her college years, she began performing versions of various songs and shared her musical talents on Facebook and YouTube. Her breakthrough performance came in 2016 when she performed the song “Suchcha Soorma,” which swiftly became popular online.
When Sunanda Sharma first started her career, she uploaded videos to YouTube and sang cover songs. As she gained popularity, she eventually released “Billi Akh,” her debut single. One of her 2017 songs, “Jaani Tera Naa,” has amassed over 334 million views on YouTube.
She won Best Debut Female Vocalist at the PTC Punjabi Music Awards. In 2017, she won the Best Female Act category at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards. In India, “Baarish Ki Jaaye” viewers have considerable popularity. Sunanda Sharma joined PTC Punjabi Channel‘s “Hunar Punjab Da – Season 2” as an anchor and host. Some call Sunanda Sharma the “New Boss Lady” of Indian music.
Sunanda Sharma’s Net Worth
Sunanda Sharma has amassed a tremendous net worth that surpasses INR 20 crores because of her successful singing career. Her talent and commitment have paid off handsomely.
Facts About Sunanda Sharma
- In Amritsar, Sunanda Sharma was born into a middle-class family.
- She is well-known for her expressiveness in addition to her singing.
- Sunanda was an ordinary student in high school.
- Throughout her time in school and college, Sharma participated in extracurricular activities, but she never considered herself to be a vocalist.
- She used to cover songs in college and upload the videos to Facebook and YouTube. Following the success of her song “Suchcha Soorma” on the internet, Sunanda began receiving requests to perform for different composers.
- Her enormous success has made her one of the most sought-after vocalists at such a young age.
- She began her career performing other people’s songs and uploading them to YouTube.
- Pinky Dhaliwal, the creator of Amar Audio (Music Company), introduced her to the Punjabi music industry for the first time; he has subsequently become her godfather.
- She co-starred with Athiya Shetty in the Bollywood song “Tere Naal Nachna,” which marked her debut in the industry in 2018.